This notice is made by Bridgewater Equity Release Limited (Company Number 05064154). Our registered office address is 3rd Floor, Cross House, Westgate Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 4XX. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our telephone number is 0800 032 2118.
1 Terms and conditions of use of this website
- 1.1 Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they apply to your access to and use of the services described in this part of our website.
- 1.2 A printed version of these terms and conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- 1.3 The materials contained in this website are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute any form of professional advice. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on information contained in this website.
- 1.4 This website may include hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties and content posted by visitors to our website. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating them and their inclusion does not imply our endorsement of their content. We are therefore not responsible for the content of external Internet sites that link to this website or which are linked from it. Nor are we responsible for any content posted to this website by visitors.
- 1.5 The contents of this site are protected by copyright under international law.
- 1.6 The following names/logos are our trade marks: "bridgewater equity release".
- 1.7 Users are permitted to read the contents of this site and make copies for their own personal use only. All other use and copying of any of the contents of this site is prohibited. Copying from websites of third parties is subject to any requirements applicable to those sites.
1.9 Your warranties
- 1.10You agree and undertake not to use the website to:-
- 1.10.1 impersonate any person or organisation or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or organisation;
- 1.10.2 solicit or request personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or solicit passwords or personal information for unlawful purposes;
- 1.10.3 upload, share or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses or similar;
- 1.10.4 upload, share or otherwise make available any material which may be illegal, discriminatory in any way, of a sexual nature or otherwise offensive or harmful to other users of the website or others;
- 1.10.5 upload, share or otherwise make available any material which is deliberately misleading or fraudulent;
- 1.10.6 intimidate or harass any person or organisation;
- 1.10.7 use or attempt to use the account of any other user without the consent of that user or our prior written authorisation; or
- 1.10.8 use, process or disseminate any of the information on this website for any purpose other than the purposes for which the information was provided.
1.10.9 User accounts
- 1.10.11 Access to your user account with us and the material available to registered users on our website will be gained by using the username and the password selected by you during the registration procedure. You are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality and proper use of your username, password and account and for restricting access to your computer and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. In order to assist us with our security policy, you should not leave your computer terminal unattended while you are logged on to our website and should ensure that it is switched off each time you have finished.
- 1.10.12 You must tell us immediately if you believe that an unauthorised person knows your username or password or has access to your account.
- 1.10.13 We reserve the right to refuse service or terminate your account if we suspect an unauthorised person is attempting to access it.
- 1.10.14Use of website
You agree to:-
- 1.10.15 provide accurate, and up to date information as required by the registration forms on the website;
- 1.10.16 update and maintain the accuracy of such information; and
- 1.10.17 report any misuse of the website or any misleading or inappropriate material on the website.
- 1.10.19 If you wish to terminate your user account at any time please email, telephone or write to us using the contact details at the top of these terms and conditions.
- 1.10.20 Termination of your user account will be effective immediately on our receipt of your notice of termination.
1.10.21 Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
- 1.11 Your attention is drawn specifically to this paragraph.
- 1.12 This website or any part of it may not be compatible with your browser or computer configuration and we make no warranty that it is. We make no warranty that our services via this website will be available at any particular time or that your access to our website will be uninterrupted, timely or error free and we will not be responsible if we are unable to provide the website or its services for any reason.
- 1.13 If you are accessing our website and services in the course of a business, all implied warranties and conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- 1.14 We shall not be liable for any losses you suffer as a result of unauthorised access to your account until such time as you have informed us of any unauthorised or possible unauthorised use of your username and password or of a breach of security.
- 1.15 We do not accept any liability whatsoever for losses arising out of your use of this website, your use of any services available through it or our failure to deliver any such services.
- 1.16 If you are accessing our website to use the services available through it otherwise than in the course of your business, you have certain statutory rights as a consumer regarding the performance of services. These statutory rights are not, and will not be affected, by any statement contained in these terms and conditions (and in particular, any provision which has the effect of limiting our liability to you in the event that any service is defective or fails to correspond with the description given to it on this website, shall not apply).
- 1.17 You warrant to us that you will not use this website or any other services accessible through your user account with us for any unlawful purposes or in a way that is prohibited by these terms and conditions. We may immediately terminate your account and your ability to access this website if you breach any such terms and conditions or if we believe that we or our other customers may incur liability from your actions.
- 1.18 If you are accessing our website in the course of a business, you agree to indemnify us and to keep us indemnified (except to the extent caused by our negligence, fraud or wilful default) from all or any liability or damages we incur in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise towards a third party as a result of your use of this website or any of the services accessible through your user account or any content published, uploaded or displayed by you on the website.
1.19 Our customer complaints policy
- We are committed to meeting the highest quality standards in the delivery of the service we provide to our customers. We aim to provide efficient and effective service and take any problems that do arise very seriously indeed. We aim to ensure that any complaints our customers may have are identified quickly and dealt with in accordance with our complaints handling procedure. In the event that you have any cause for complaint with regard to any of our services please email, telephone or write to us using the contact details at the top of these terms and conditions.
1.20 Our customer complaints policy
- 1.21 If any provision contained in these terms and conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable the remainder of the terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- 1.22 The information contained in our website and any services have been prepared in compliance with the laws of England and Wales and are not suitable for use in other parts of the United Kingdom or overseas. You should seek appropriate legal advice if you are unsure as to which country’s law or jurisdiction applies to your circumstances. It is not permitted to use any services offered on this website for any purpose in connection with people or property in any countries other than England and Wales.
- 1.23 Our website is operated and controlled from the United Kingdom and these terms and conditions and your use of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Unless you are using our website and services as a consumer, by agreeing to these terms and conditions you consent to all disputes arising out of or relating to your use of this website being decided only by the courts of England and Wales. If you are accessing this website from another jurisdiction it is your responsibility to ensure compliance with the laws that apply to that jurisdiction.
- 1.24 You are not permitted to assign your rights under these terms and conditions. Except as expressly provided by these terms and conditions, no third party may enforce these terms and conditions by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 1.25 We are regulated by Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). If you are not satisfied with the way we deal with any complaint you have, you may be eligible to take your complaint to the FOS.