This notice is made by Bridgewater Equity Release Limited (Company Number 05064154). Our registered office address is 3rd Floor, Cross House, Westgate Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 4XX. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our telephone number is 0800 032 2118. Calls from UK landlines are free, mobile charges may vary.
1 Who we are
2 Using the information you provide
- If you have set up an account with us, or are setting up an account with us, we would like to use your contact details to contact you about products and services that we think you might be interested in. If you do not wish to be contacted in this way please check the “No, please do not contact me” box when you fill in your details.
- We would also like to pass on your contact details to third parties whose products and services may be of interest to you but we can only do this with your consent. We therefore ask that you check the “Yes please, I am interested in hearing about products and services from third parties” box when you fill in your details.
- You can also contact us at any time to ask us not to use your personal data in this way by e-mailing email@example.com.
2.1 Collection of information
- We will never knowingly collect sensitive information about you (that is, information concerning your religion, beliefs, criminal record, health or sexuality) without your explicit consent.
3 Use of information
- We will use this information for the following purposes:-
- to administer your user account
- to process any request for advice or information
- to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- for the prevention of fraud
- for internal record keeping; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- Any information we collect about you is stored electronically on our databases. It may also be printed and stored on our filing systems. We may disclose your information to companies in our group. If we sell or buy any business or assets we may disclose your information to the buyer or seller of the assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your information will be one of the assets transferred. We will not pass your information on to anyone else unless you have consented or unless we are allowed or required by law.
4 Cookies and tracking technologies
- Cookies are text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or some emails that you open. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site.
- Please find below a list of cookies we use and how we use them:
Cookie Name How is the cookie used? More information cookies_allowed Used to remember that the user has accepted the usage of cookies PHP_SESSION_ID Links the user to a PHP session. Used to remember if the user is logged in or not, and as whom. __utma Google Analytics tracking cookie __utmb Google Analytics tracking cookie __utmc Google Analytics tracking cookie __utmz Google Analytics tracking cookie
- In addition to the specific uses set out above we may use this information to:-
- Identify click stream patterns
- Improve our website
- To learn more about the visitors to our website and the types of technology they use
- To store information about your personal preferences and so allow us to customise the site according to your interest
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognise you when you return to the site.
5 Storage and security
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to access your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and, after we have confirmed your identity, we will provide the information. We may charge you a fee of up to £10 to cover our costs of providing the information.
- If you believe that the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or if you wish us to stop processing your information for any particular purpose or at all please contact us at email@example.com.