Why Equity Release?
Retirement is the time in your life when you should be able to do what you want, when you want. It should be a time to look forward to.
Today’s retirees are living longer and are generally staying fitter and more active. In fact increasing numbers of people will spend more time in retirement than they did at work. Often the only restriction on how this time is spent is money.
- Is your retirement income keeping up with inflation?
- Are you enjoying the holidays you have always dreamt of?
- Is it time to replace the car or update the kitchen?
- Would you like to share part of the inheritance of your wealth early?
The solution could be locked up in your greatest asset – your home.
There are several ways of unlocking the value tied up in your home, including trading down, selling your home and moving to rented accommodation or remaining in your home and taking out an equity release plan.
Over the past forty years, thousands of retired homeowners have used equity release plans to provide a safe and successful method to finance improving the quality of their life in retirement.
What you do with the funds raised from taking out equity release is entirely your choice but some common uses include:
- Helping children or grandchildren onto the property ladder
- Paying for health treatment and care
- Funding the costs of grandchildren's education
- Gifts to relatives
- Repayment of an outstanding mortgage and/or other loans and debt
- To provide an income to supplement pension income
- To fund major purchases such as a new car, holiday home or caravan
- To reduce the cash required to purchase a new home
- Home improvements