Text sizes

Long Term Care

If you intend to move out of the property because you need long term care, you or your Personal Representatives must notify us in writing.

Where your plan is held in joint names and one of you moves into long term care, the plan will continue as normal for the remaining party named on it.

Where your plan includes options such as an Early Vacancy Guarantee and/or the High House Price Inflation Protection, you may be eligible to claim on these and receive a payment when your property is sold. Where a sum is payable under these options it will be calculated based on the timescale between when your plan commenced and when we receive vacant possession.

Where the remaining or sole occupier leaves the property to move permanently into long term care, we must be sent the keys once the property has been cleared.

Additional Occupiers

We would allow a relative or carer to move into your property. You should notify us before they move into your property and they will be required to sign an Occupants Deed to confirm that they will vacate your property within 1 month of your death or moving into care.